Friday, August 31, 2012

I'll Never Break Your Heart NICK CARTER








 Before this ridiculous boy group One Direction craze, there was and always will be a mega pandemonium for the boy band, ‘Backstreet Boys’. There was a little competition of who was the better boy band,  Backstreet Boys or N’Sync? Backstreet Boys were always better in my opinion and will always have a tight brotherhood unlike N’Sync where star Justin Timberlake made it clear that he will never join with the group... ever again. Kevin Richardson left the group in 2006 to focus on his personal life but I always knew he would be back. He joined the group again a few years ago on Oprah and for the collaboration tour with New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys, where he performed, 'I Want It That Way’ at the famous Staples Center. This summer Kevin Richardson announced that he will rejoin the BSBs on their next album because they have been through a lot together and they just have "chemistry". I have always been a Backstreet Boys fan since the beginning of their career. I even got my mom and late grandma to like them. I would tape every single TV performance they did and Backstreet Boys was the first tape I bought off of my best friend Lourdes. We both would dance and sing to their songs and perform them at events. When I saw their ‘Get Down’ music video on YTV’s show the ‘Hit List’ I had a HUGE crush on Nick Carter....don’t ask why. Fine...he was tall and had a cute smile. Everyone knew I loved Nick. Even though I liked Brian's personality. I still talk about Nick especially when he recently appeared on a 90210 episode. My friends and family were like ‘whoa, you STILL like Nick? The closest to me getting near Nick Carter was when I met his brother Aaron Carter a few years ago at The Much Music Video Awards. When I was younger I always dreamed about meeting Nick but the phase was slowly starting to wear off. However, when I suddenly heard on Virgin Radio that Nick Carter was in town my teenage dreams came back and I had to win tickets to see him! Nick Carter sprung a solo career aside from the Backstreet Boys releasing his first album, 'Now or Never'. His solo career didn’t do as great as when Justin Timberlake went solo but Nick always had the Backstreet Boys as a back up because he’s passionate about singing and performing. Even when Nick had a health scare due drug and alcohol abuse, suffered the loss of his sister due to prescription drug overdose, a public break up with Paris Hilton, where he was accused of abuse, a failed reality TV show, Nick Carter always turned to music to get him through his life obstacles. Nick is currently on tour to promote his second solo album, ‘I’m Taking Off’. When I was listening to the radio and heard a girl win, she didn’t seem excited at all. That pissed me off. The next day, when the radio station made the announcement to call I called and it rang and I got through. I had to play a game called, ‘Is He The Baby Daddy.’ I picked the right answer and won! I went crazy on the radio. The day came when I finally met Nick Carter where he first had a special listening party for his fans and performed some of his new songs and many cover songs including, the band Weezer’s song, ‘Say It Ain’t So.’  I was filming his performances when I decided to take a break from filming his next song, which was Tom Petty’s ‘Free Falling’. I was chill and sat back on a ledge to hear the performance when Nick Carter, suddenly looked at me in the middle of the song and said to me,  “Yah, I’m looking at you girl”. All of the girls turned around and looked at me and I was thinking, "WHAT? Maybe it was part of the song". I quickly googled the lyrics to the songs and no where in that songs did it say, “Yah, I’m looking at you girl”! I kept cool about it. I had a chance to give Nick the Crazy Mofoz Show card and gave him a hug. I couldn't hit on him because he is in a relationship. I later watched him perform in a space suit for a crowd of fans at The C.N.E in Toronto where he sang more songs from both his albums. It just goes to show you that you never know who you will meet in life so keep on day dreaming.

Wanna see a clip of Nick Carter performing his single, 'Just One Kiss' from his latest album 'I'm Taking Off'? Then, click the link below. Hmmmm...now if I can have just ONE kiss from Nick Carter lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1dyVzDe80g&list=UU8sbqnKmIE08gqksjvBdcgQ&index=3&feature=plcp

No comments: