Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Boarding with Low Level Flight

Earlier this year at Canadian Music Week, I spotted winner of Canadian Idol season 1 Ryan Malcolm. As I talked to him, he told me he was in a band, called Low Level Flight. I decided to do an interview with the band. I watched a couple of their earlier videos and I noticed that some of the band members were different. Ryan told me that the band actually switched bass and lead guitar.
Their new members are lead guitarist Hugh Allen and bass guitarist Sebastiene Duhaime, who is French.
Their original bass player started a family so the commitment of touring just wasn't feasible. The rest of the band consists of Brandon Merenick, James Rooke and of course Ryan Malcolm on the leads.

If you watch the interview, you may see an extra dude in it. Well, he's not a new member of the band. He is just  a buddy from Ryan's old high school.
The band has videos out for their songs; Change For Me, Say, Turnaround, which Ryan wrote based around drug addiction and the negative effects to a younger brother as he watches the older brother. 
Their other music videos include; Cash Machine and Brooklyn Radio, which is very abstract. I asked Ryan what the concept behind Brooklyn Radio was about and he told me, "It was sort of based around a group of sexy strangers who meet up at the beach and discover something, what is up to the viewer. Some people think UFO. To me, it's like there is something at the beach that make these strangers act as they are taken over by some force and a super hot rock band playing for some reason." hahahaha The boys invited me to their music video shoot for their new single 'TSK TSK' in Mississauga. However, due to work, I sadly couldn't make it. Hopefully, I'll be at the next video shoot boys! Low Level Flight will be performing at the Drake Hotel in Toronto for Halloween. Their music isn't scary so you should go check these nice guys out!
In the meantime, check out my fun interview with Low Level Flight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht0CCXOv3Xk&list=UU8sbqnKmIE08gqksjvBdcgQ&index=1&feature=plcp
To listen to Low Level Flight's music and to catch up with the band and see when they are playing other shows, follow them on twitter @LOWLEVELFLIGHT1 and visit their website at www.lowlevelflight.com

No comments: